It can be overwhelming to be introspective on your own business. Yet it can be the most powerful way to grow and make necessary change.
To help you when evaluating a business’ online presence I have developed the five factors that can be measured and fixed.
Does your site show me who I am dealing with?
Staff & team photos are important to present a more personal side of your establishment.
• Show something a little less formal to humanise your business.
• Show yourself and any staff to highlight your personalities and give potential clients a feel for what you’re like.
Is your location clearly listed and shown in the important directories?
Your location needs a verified listing in Google and other directories. Your Name, Address & Phone need to be consistent across the web.
- Add a virtual tour to show off your business interior.
- Ensure you have a verified Google Business Page.
- Use quality location shots taken in the best light.
3. Product or Service
Is what you offer obvious to a new customer?
Is your product or service clearly shown. Photos & videos help customers quickly understand the type of work you do.
- Capture photos and video of your team providing different types of service to customers.
- Capture photos and video of the specialty products you deliver.
What have previous clients said about your business?
Reviews offer social proof for your business. They should be fresh and across various sites. Reviews are a ranking factor for Google.
- Offer links for satisfied customers to leave Google reviews.
- Respond to Facebook comments promptly.
Do you have fresh & engaging content across your social media channels?
Social media offers you multiple platforms to communicate with customers in an engaging and shareable way.
- Keep it fresh & relevant.
- Use the platform that your customers use.
- Video is the most engaging content.
At GT Digital Media, we help you look after the five things that matter the most online.
- Rapid video production
- Quality photography
- Google Virtual Tours
- Local Search Results